Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Talking To My Bookish Friends

Recently I stumbled on THIS POST on Pinterest. It really inspired me to open up communication about books with the book lovers in my life. The first day I asked the first question of my high-school best friend. We drifted apart when I joined the Air Force, but reconnected years layer over our shared love of books and writing. After covid we kinda stopped hanging out, but we keep in touch with the phones. We really bonded over the first question. 

The next day... well really a couple days later... I texted her the next question. While I was waiting for her reply I texted the question to another bookish person in my life: my dad. He lives in Florida (I'm in St. Louis) so phones are pretty much our only means of communication. He responded with his typical non fiction read. But, it ignited a curiosity in me and I ended up googling Nicola Tesla to get the gist of what he was reading.

My mom just moved to the city from the country. I knew I had to ask the same question of her. She is reading two books, but had to take a break because...moving. 

I think that is all of who I've been texting with bookish questions. I think I will be searching Pinterest for more.

Here are mine:

1. Who are your top three favorite authors?
2. What is a book everyone should read?
3. Where do you read?
4. What do you drink while reading?
5. Are you a member of a book club?
6. What is your favorite movie or show based on a book?
7. How many bookshelves do you own?
8. What do you do with old books?
9. Do you loan your books out?
10. Do you have any expired library books at home?
11. What all is in your book bag?
12. When did you get your first ereader?
13. What is on your bookish wishlist?
14. If you could turn your favorite book into a scented candle, what would it smell like?
15. Kindle or Nook?

16. What are your favorite bookish questions 
I'm serious, do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...