Thursday, November 3, 2022

Apps On My Kindle

I have the Kindle Fire HD 10. So I get apps. I get the reading based apps, the movie apps, the game apps, and social media apps. My first ereader was a Nook Paperwhite. While that ereader opened up my life to true smut, I was really excited to use apps after that. I have no problem with ereaders that don't. I would like to have a Kindle Paperwhite for reading While catching some sun. In the meantime, I will spend my hours on apps.

Kindle/Goodreads
These kind of go together, don't they? Amazon owns Goodreads and you have the option to rate and review to Goodreads directly from the Kindle apps, when you finish a book. These are the main apps I use on my Kindle. Everything else comes secondary to these two.

Amazon Prime/Netflix/Hulu/ Disney+
The paid movie subscription services. I personally pay for Amazon Prime and Netflix. My husband's son has Hulu and Disney+. I would watch Disney+ every day, but for some reason my Kindle and my Firestick won't even open the app. I'm getting an error message and I'm too lazy to call Amazon and fix it.

Overdrive/ Hoopla 
Free books is where it's at. I read all of the Bridgerton series on Hoopla. They also have movies, music, magazines, and comic books. The only thing I don't like about Hoopla is that it doesn't count towards my Kindle book challenge. I've probably read 400 books this year already but they don't all count because of reread books and Hoopla. Overdrive is everything Hoopla does not have. As far as I can tell Overdrive is just ebooks and audiobooks. But your ebooks can be read through the Kindle app and counts towards the challenge. Both apps are for the low, low "price" of a library card. 

CBS/ABC/CW/FOX NOW/NBC/PBS
All the main TV channels. I also have the news and sports apps for these apps (with the exception of FOX News). I don't really get into watching sports except I read sports romance and I want to see the stuff they are talking about. I also like to watch TV shows as the come out sometimes without waiting a year to get the entire season. 

Freevee/Freeform/Tubi/Pluto TV/ Crackle/ Popcornflix/Fawesome/XUMO/Boomerang 
Yes, I love free movies. I would have Kanopy too, but my library doesn't participate. I use Freevee the most. I believe it is owned by Amazon, not totally sure on that one. If you like to watch old school cartoons (what's wrong with you if you don't) then Boomerang is the apps for you. Crackle used to be a free Halloween movie app. Now they offer everything. I kind of miss the "good old days."

YouTube 
I can't get enough of plus size clothing hauls, Thrifts store hauls, Dollar Tree crafts, and Spiritual videos. My screen is bigger on my Kindle so most of the time I watch YouTube on my Kindle, rather than on my phone. 

Daily Burn/Daily Yoga
I don't have the room to work out now. I have lots of good intentions. My Kindle cover bends backwards and tucks on itself to make a stand for my Kindle. I got it that way for movies, but it also seems it would be amazing for working out.

Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest 
Twitter and Instagram are set to my blog accounts. Pinterest is, by far, my favorite "social media." I put it in quotes, because it's really a search engine. I play on it like it's social media, though.

Dropbox
Years ago I uploaded all my witchy graphics on to Dropbox for safe keeping. Now I download Dropbox to every electronic item I can. I don't really follow witchcraft like I used to. Now I'm more Spiritual. But I won't be giving up Dropbox. 

Seekers Notes
When I was recovering from gallbladder removal and then (a month later) a biopsy of my lung (I didn't have cancer) I spent a lot of time of picture search games on Facebook. These days Facebook doesn't have its own games... boy do I miss Jane Austen! Enter Seekers Notes, it checks off all the boxes of a good picture search game, and adds a mix of adventure to the game too. I don't really play any other game on my Kindle anymore. 

So, now I want to know what apps are on your Kindle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...