Tuesday, October 18, 2022

My Favorite Drinks To Drink While Reading

When I read, I like to keep a drink near by. Most of the time it's non alcoholic. Sometimes I splurge on a glass of wine or a cocktail. I decided to make a list of the favorite drinks to have on hand.

Water
I have a cheap water bottle from the Dollar Tree. I fill it so much that we had to start getting bagged ice to cover my ice usage. This is my number one favorite drink to have on hand. As a bonus, I have lost 80lbs by upping my water consumption. 

Diet Coke
I used to drink Dr. Pepper exclusively. At 328lbs I had to make changes. Diet coke was one of those changes. I'm lucky that my husband works at a discount alcohol and cigarette store/gas station. He gets unlimited free sodas, but he doesn't really like soda. I get to cash in.

Tea
My favorite hot drink. My tea kettle developed some holes in it, so I haven't had a chance to drink this for awhile. I love all kinds of tea. I currently have beauty tea, peppermint, chamomile, and detox tea. I have some plans on more tea to purchase. I drink out of my giant "I love geeks" mug, which I'm not sure why I have since I'm the geek. That should be my husband's mug.

Coffee 
I do like straight coffee, I do, but I love tasty coffee more. It's why I can't lose anymore weight than I have. I do try to keep my tasty coffee to a minimum, though. At home I mix creamer and hot chocolate into my coffee. It's a concoction that my husband came up with. When we go out I like vanilla cupcake or pumpkin spice lattes. I like cold coffee, but I drink those too fast to have often. 

Wine
Alcoholism runs in my family so I'm very spare on alcoholic drinks. I don't drink regular wine unless it's a spritzer. I much prefer sweet wine. I'm always taking suggestions for a good sweet wine, if you care to help a girl out.  Wine is the only alcohol I will drink alone, and only a glass or two at most.

Bloody Mary
I'm such an introvert that, even when hanging out with others, I always keep my Kindle in reach. In fact I'm planning on getting a purse big enough to hold it. That's neither here nor there, though. I usually ordered Jack and coke. Which made me feel totally Gretchen Wilson. But, I don't listen to her much anymore. When out for my birthday, last year, I noticed my sister-in-love order a bloody mary. I decided to try one, I was hooked. When out to dinner I like to order a bloody mary. My husband, as I've mentioned, works at a discount liquor store. He told me they carry premixed cocktails and mixer. So, next time we have drinks at home I can have my favorite. Admittedly I don't get quite as much reading done with a bloody mary. They put me to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...