Friday, September 30, 2022

Trip To My Local Library

I Got really lucky with my local library. It is literally around the corner and within walking distance of my house. Added to that it is connected to both Hoopla and Overdrive and I'm pretty sure it's the best library ever.

My library is very old, but it was unfortunately modernized when I moved to the area 13 years ago. We used the elevator to get to the main part of the library. I didn't take a picture of that because I didn't want this post to be too photo dense. 
when you first walk in, there are these little reading nooks if you want to read at the library. I think this is genius, what better way to read, than to sit in a quiet, comfy chair. My only other favorite place is curled up in bed.
To The right is adult fiction, I have a really bad habit of not returning them on time. But, luckily, our library dispensed with late fees. Now you can hang on to the book till you finish it with just gentle reminders sent to your email.
Behind fiction is adult nonfiction. This is my favorite nonfiction section. I've picked up many knitting patterns from the library.
Across from adult fiction and nonfiction is the kids fiction and nonfiction . Sometimes I go over there for simpler nonfiction reading material. Love Me some kids knitting books.
I'm a little sorry to say that this is probably my favorite part of the library. When I switch to WordPress I will probably spend a lot of time here, until I get a new library. For now I take advantage of $5.00 a month in prints. It used to be $20.00. At this rate I may have to invest in a printer for home. I like to print free planner pages from Pinterest, or free knitting patterns from Ravelry.

There is a lot more to my library, but I didn't want too many pictures. Then there is the main branch for the city libraries. It is from the 1700s and it is huge and ornate. My mom and I went there for a scavenger hunt hosted by the library. It was so big that we couldn't finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...