Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Fake Dating My Best Friend by Tara Brent

I think my favorite trope is friends to lovers now. You know I'm there if an accidental pregnancy is thrown in! I'm not even spoiling anything either because it's in the description on the Amazon store. I stumbled on this book while looking up a Great Depression Memoir, it's a secret pleasure read of mine. Don't think I'll ever review one here, but it might be a nice listacle post.

Eli and Stasia have been best friends since childhood. One drunken night, they cross a line. They try to pretend it never happened, but Stasia learns she's pregnant, and Eli feels something more than friendship. Eli's work is keeping them separate, and Eli doesn't want to hold Stasia back in her career either. He is torn over his feelings for her, when he finds out she's pregnant. 

This writer had me engaged since page one. A lot of books start kind of stale, but finish epically. The author also starts you out with chemistry between the two main characters, which is my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...