Friday, September 2, 2022

That Man Next Door by Nadia Lee

I like most of Nadia Lee's books. I say most, because there was that one book that was hard to get into. But, this book was great! The story was straight up heartwarming. There was one hick to my enjoyment, which I'll get into later, but I got past it and became obsessed with the story. I may even read the next book in the series. 

Jan has attempted 5 one night stands and chickens out everytime. Her latest attempt, Matt, moves in next door and gets a job at her work. She tries to fly under the radar, but that doesn't work. Matt wants to not only finish what they started, but he wants to be more than a one night stand. They have been dating in earnest for a short time, when she overhears a disturbing conversation. 

Okay, this is a one POV story. I don't usually like that. I had to remind myself that Vegas Aces by Lisa Suzanne is one POV and I've read them six times! After that, I settled into the story, and ended up enjoying it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...