Tuesday, August 16, 2022

More Books I Did Not Finish

I had so much fun dissing the last post of books I did not finish that I decided to write another post of books I did not finish. Last post did not do any better than most posts on my blog. I just enjoyed writing the post a lot.

Dirty Toe Drag by Toni Aleo
I don't have a major contention with this book. It was such a slow start that I simply couldn't continue reading it. Which is a shame because it is a brother's best friend romance. Although, I didn't like that he had slept with a friend's sister before, made it seem less special for her.

Loving My Billionaire Stepbrother's Baby by Emilia Beaumont
I loved the first book, but it should have ended there. I read the warnings before purchasing the book. I thought since I had suffered from post partum depression that this book would make me feel seen. It did not. Viola doesn't even feel a connection with her child and that just broke my heart. I can't finish this book. I just can't. 

 Unreasonable by Nikki Rome
I desperately wanted to like this book. It's supposed to be friends to lovers and surprise baby. The book was so dry, though. And there was zero chemistry between the main characters it was so hard to believe that they were even friends with how little chemistry there was.

What's Mine Is Yours by Willow Renee
This is a MFF romance and there are so few of those, I was excited to read this one. It was so dry that I skimmed over a lot of the beginning to get to "the good part". About 70% through I realized "the good part" was never going to come and I gave up on it.

My Uncle's Secret Baby by Jamie Knight
This not an actual uncle so no incest went on. No, I had two problems with this book. The spellings and typos, and the fact their son never had a name. I was 60% through and a name was never given. I was so frustrated. 

Blurred Lines by Becca Jones
I wanted to like this book because there are so few military romance. But the names in this book were lifted from another military novel I just read. On top of that there were scenes from the other book I read too. The other book was just better. I couldn't get into it. 15% through and I had it.

Verona by Violette Paradis
The woman in this book is supposed to be around 25. She acts like a highschooler mooning over a guy that is clearly not into her. I could get behind the story if they were dating and he ended up breaking her heart. But, he wasn't interested enough to date her. I did not feel for her at all. I was maybe four chapters in before I gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...