Saturday, August 6, 2022

Bookworm Problems

There are so many memes on Facebook about Bookworm Problems, that I decided to share my personal Bookworm problems.

When I read a book and have to wait for the next in the series.
I don't have to wait as long as I used to for the next book in the series to come out. Although one book I read, I have to wait till June for the second half of the story! I'm frustrated with even that wait!

Having to roll back and forth in bed to get comfortable while reading.
Reading in bed is comfy, until you've lain on your right side too long and have to roll over to the left side for awhile. This wouldn't be too bad on it's own, I guess. However, whatever shirt I'm wearing gets twisted up in the back and forth and I feel like I'm being strangled by my shirt.

Ugly hair, because, you know, reading in bed.
I looked so good with my hair down. It gets knotted up when when I lay down to read. I do not look good with my hair in a ponytail or tied up it a loose bun. But it keeps my hair from being tangled when I read in bed so that is how I wear my hair 90% of the time.

Accidentally spoiling a book that I got excited talking about.
Usually I talk to my husband about books and he doesn't read so it doesn't matter. But, when I blog, I can get a little too excited about a book and accidentally spoil it for other readers. Oh I try to stick with the main story when I talk about a book, but there are so many great details to uncover as well.
 
Not being able to read a book for the first time after you've read it.
Some books are so good that I reread them. The problem is that now I know what happens. Of course you find new details every time I read them. But, you can only discover a book for the first time once.

When a scene if skipped in the movie adaptation. 
I love books. They play out like a movie in my head. So, when the movie or TV show skips something in the book or bypasses the plot all together it can be a problem. This happened big time in season 2 of Bridgerton. I watched the show first because I didn't know you can get the books for free on Hoopla and Overdrive. I then read the books and I was so disappointed in the show because the book was so much better.

Not having book money
Okay, I have Kindle Unlimited, Hoopla, and Overdrive. But, sometimes I like to buy books too. However,  I only get paid once a month, and my husband's check is spent as soon as we get it. So, when I find a book that costs money I screenshot it and save it to my phone until I do have the money.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...