Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Stranded With My Stepfather by Kiki Lamba

Aside from the fact that this is a stepfather romance, it was done tastefully. No cheating, he didn't raise her. I have always loved "taboo" romance. Stepbrothers and stepfather fall into that category for me. I'm sure there is more taboo than that, it's just what I read.

When Paisley gets lost in a snowstorm, Derek rescues her and takes him to his cabin to recuperate and wait out the storm. She brightens up his life while there, and they end up hooking up. After that, she tells him she loves him and he does not react well. Paisley's aunt encourages her to go out with another man to get over Derek, but Derek has come to the realization that he loves Paisley too.

This story was not quite a novella, in my opinion. But I did read it in about four hours. It was not really fast pace, though. They didn't hook up till 60% or so through. It was a great read, though. 

Blogger's Note: as of this post I am no longer going to be rating my books. I realized that I only ever review books I like and it seemed kind of redundant to be posting ❤❤❤❤❤ after every. Single. Post. If there is something I don't like about a book, I will tell you. I just don't feel the need to rate books anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...