Monday, July 18, 2022

My Ex-boyfriend's Daddy by Kelli Callahan

I found this book as a recommendation in my "breeder readers" Facebook group.  That was false advertisement. There are zero babies in this book. But, with a title like that, could I really resist it?

When a teenage prank ruins Phoebe's life, Arlo is the only one to stand up for her and help her out. Three years later, in a different city, Arlo finds Phoebe and hires her (again). Soon the two are hanging out together all the time. One day their relationship takes the next step. Phoebe soon realizes that, in order to stay together, she needs to face the ghosts of her past. They also need to tell her ex-boyfriend. 

It was refreshing that the novel featured a nicotine addict that fights their addiction. I, too, used to vape and it actually was my step down from cigarettes. It was nice to see someone else go through something similar. 

I rate this book ❤❤❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...