Thursday, June 16, 2022

Daddy Crush by A. Anders

This was not a Kindle Unlimited book.  I had to buy it. It wasn't much, and it's worth the purchase. In case you get the wrong idea here, this is not an age play novel. Nor is it a pregnancy novel. It is an age gap romance. And she just calls him "Daddy" to be sexy. 

Jerusha is next door neighbors with Karl. After a terrible first kiss she asks Karl to show her how it's really done and next thing you know they are engaging in lessons on "lovin.'" One night, in the throws of passion, Jerusha let's slip that she loves Karl. It freaks him out and it takes a long talk with his daughter to realize he loves Jerusha too. But, it might be too late.

Jerusha grew up in a very similar fashion to the way I grew up. I didn't make it to 25 a virgin, like her, but I understood where she came from. I also had to play catch up with movies and music once I got out on my own.

This is the first book I've read with a non-binary character. It wasn't a main character and the writer never came out and said they were non-binary. The writer instead just referred to this character as "they/them" from the start. Took me awhile to catch on.

I didn't like that Karl was reluctant to promise forever even when he told her he loved her. He kept making comments about "however long this lasts" I was really put off by those comments.

I rate this book ❤❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...