Thursday, June 30, 2022

Changes I'd Make To Goodreads

Social media and books actually go very well together. Facebook has it's book groups (where I find lots of books to read and review). Instagram has bookstagram. Twitter has booktwt. Then there is Goodreads, the social media specially for readers. Goodreads it a platform I love, but there are a few changes I would make.

Can't leave groups you no longer want to follow
Also why can't you leave groups after you join? Don't get me wrong, I love groups on Goodreads.  I just don't want to be in the role playing games group anymore. And nobody talks in any of the groups I do want to be part of. 

I want to post a comment about a book
Without having to write a book review. I write my book reviews on this blog. I write reviews on Goodreads only if I receive an ARC and they specifically request that I leave a review on Goodreads. But, I'd love to leave a comment about my books so my friends know that I enjoyed or hated a book.

Amazon links should actually find books
Every single time I click on a link, Amazon can't find the book.  I don't know if this is an Amazon problem or a Goodreads problem, but it is definitely a problem for me. I have even have stopped putting books on my to read list and started deleting books from my to read list. What is the point if it won't work?

Never books I like for the giveaways
Some good, smutty, contemporary romance would be wonderful. I've found romance, but it is not the type to have very spicy scenes in it. I want to see some Regency romance as well. Something with steamy action. 

Have a percentage bar on books still reading
I want people to know how far I got in a book so far, or in case of books I quit reading I want them to see how far I got before I gave up. So, I want this feature to extend to any books I have not finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...