Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Best Curvy Heroines

As a person that has always struggled with my weight, sometimes it is nice to be represented in romance novels. I don't specifically read only curvy girl fiction. However, if the story is good I enjoy that added layer to the story.

Blindsided by Amy Daws
I read this friends to lovers gem last year. I never read anymore books in the series as their synopsis did not appeal to me as much. Freya is a seamstress and amateur fashion designer. Mac is a "footballer" or soccer player as we call then in the United States. I loved that Freya is a cat parent and it really plays a very romantic part in the story.

His Curvy Friend by Mary E. Thompson 
This is another friends to lovers book. But, it is also a best friend's brother romance as well. I didn't like how down on her body Blake is. I get it, I suffer from the same problem, but I like my FMC to have a little more confidence than I have. Ian is a playboy, but only because he can't have the girl he wants. 

Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn 
I reviewed this book on the blog, already. But, it deserves another mention here. Although Penelope is 12 stone in this book. I Googled it and that is 168 lbs. I don't think that is very overweight really. Just a little extra pounds, I guess. This is a best friend's brother/friends to lovers romance. Colin has a little bit of an anger problem in this book, but I still say that Colin rivals Mr. Darcy for book boyfriends. 

Real Men Love Curves by Kat Baxter 
I loved this friends to lovers novella. Luke and Erin have been in love with each other since high-school but have only ever been friends until Luke decides to give Erin "O" lessons. I actually cried towards the end of this book, it was that good.

Talk Dirty To Me by Ali Parker 
This is a brother's best friend romance.  She is a love guru and he calls into her show all the time, not knowing she is his best friend's little sister. She is a little uncomfortable with her weight, but I didn't feel it over powered the story. She eats donuts and drinks Mountain Dew everyday at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...