Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Best Books On Frugal Living

Almost as much as I love reading, I love being frugal. Except for buying books, I'm not exactly frugal there, priorities. Maybe it's because I grew up poor, maybe it's because I still am poor. Maybe, I just like to save money. Books about frugal living are a total win for me.

City Chic by Nina Willdorf 
I bought this book when I lived in the county and it was good. I moved to the city and it was even better. If you are trying to be frugal you will want to read this book. If you are trying to be frugal in the city, then you need this book. Yesterday. 

Living The Savvy Life by Melissa Tosetti and Kevin Gibbons 
A lot of reviews of this book were not very complimentary. I loved it! She has tons of tips on how to be frugal while still living an indulgent life. I really liked her tips on building a wardrobe. I wish she would have mentioned Goodwill as a way to build your wardrobe without spending too much, but not every book can be perfect.

The Money Saving Mom's Budget by Crystal Paine
I read her blog Money Saving Mom for years before I bought this book. If you want to coupon this is the lady for you. The book gives a basic overview, but the blog goes into way more details. Got me couponing for a while. Need to do that again.

Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey 
I was gifted this when I was young and it really helped me budget and pay cash for everything, I later went into debt because I couldn't afford not to, but I still try to follow this book. I wish I still owned it. It is a religious author, and he does sprinkle his beliefs throughout the book (don't really know what God has to do with finances, but okay). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...