Thursday, May 19, 2022

My Bookish Habits

Admittedly a lot of my bookish habits have ceased since switching from paper books to an ereader, however they are still there should I pick up a paper book.

Always read the last sentence 
A lot of bookish types read the last page. I don't want to actually ruin the book but I want a hint of what is to come by reading the last sentence. This is not as easy to do with an ereader, so I just don't. 

Skip over fantasies
This goes for both paper and ereader. I skip the steamy fantasies individuals have in the novel. I love a good spicy scene, but I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that it is, indeed, a fantasy. I will skim the section, make sure I'm not missing plot points, and move on to better parts of the book.

Cracked spines anger me
In fact, I don't often buy hardback books because of this. Oh I have a few, and I'm very careful with them. Paperbacks don't anger me as much when there is a crease in the spine. However the blatant disrespect of cracking the spine of a hard back book makes me so angry.

I kinda judge a book by it's cover
I know I shouldn't, but if the cover isn't attractive to me I don't even read the synopsis. It doesn't have to have a hottie on the front. But, a non attention grabbing cover does not catch my eye at all. I will turn away a pretty cover if the synopsis does fail to pique my interest. 

Anything can be a bookmark
I used to spend a lot of time making pretty bookmarks. My pen pals all sent me pretty bookmarks. But, one day I couldn't find one so I grabbed a dollar and shoved it in my place. Ever since then I stopped with the pretty bookmarks and just grabbed any piece of paper I could find.

What are your bookish habits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...