Saturday, April 2, 2022

Waste My Time by Kelsey Clayton

I found thisbook on my Kindle, just surfing. I was about 50% through the book before I realized that I'd read another book in the series. That was a brother's best friend book. This is a best friend's brother book.

Kennedy breaks up with Easton after he lied to her. He tries to win her back but keeps missing the mark. Then Kennedy finds out she is pregnant. Even though Easton did not react well at first, he steps up to try to be the parent his baby needs. Forces outside the couple conspire to keep them apart.

This book was dark and gritty, but not too much so. I read it all in six hours, but it is not a novella.  It's just that gripping.

The tendency for triggers is in this book Easton lies about hanging out with his ex. Which, might not be cheating, but isn't exactly faithful either. Then there is the fact that Easton is a recovering drug addict. There are a few other triggers in this book that I can't get into without major spoilers happening. Trying not to be that person. 

I rate this book ❤❤❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...