Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Books I Did Not Finish

Some books you soak up every last drop, other books you slam such so fast it would make your head spin. This is my own list of books I just could not finish.

Stepbrother Sugar Daddy 
I really like Stepbrother romance, so I really wanted to like this one. But, about halfway through the book he spits in her mouth. Now, I'm not one to kink shame... if that's what floats your boat. I, however, do no want to see or read about it! Ick!

This Baby Daddy
This was a collection of secret baby stories. The first I inhaled, it was so good. The second got dicey it started having a lot of church references in it. I have put up with church references in a book because doesn't mess with the story. This one did though. It was a constant.  And it wasn't even Christian fiction! It still had spicy scenes. This book was so confusing! The book was about 70% done and I deleted the book from my Kindle, I couldn't take it anymore.

Breed Her Hard
With a hot title like that, I wanted to like this book. But the guy punishes the girl for "giving him blueballs" what the what? I had to slam on the brakes at that. In no way is it okay for a grown man (in this case 42) to complain about bluebells. So, I read this book till about 30% through before quitting it.

Pushing Patrick 
I really wanted to like this book. The cover was gorgeous. The blurb drew you in. Even though I knew it was a HFN, two book series, I was prepared for a fun read. What I got was a bunch of mind games and it was not fun to read. I was about 60% through before it got to me. I couldn't take them going out with other people just to get the other person jealous. Who does that? It really bothered me and I finally had enough.

What book could you just not finish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...