Friday, March 11, 2022

Ways To Get Free Books

Even if you aren't strapped for cash, reading can be extremely expensive. Especially if you read a book or two a day, like me. So, having free books is an important option.

1. The Library 
The first is probably the most obvious, but also the best as well. Not only does your local Library have tons of options in the building, but interlibrary loans give you access to literally any book you want. If ebooks are more your speed then Hoopla and Libbey offer tons of ebooks with just the "cost" of a Library card. 

2. Borrow From A Friend 
It is another simple choice, bit borrowing from a friend is another good option for free books. Maybe make sure it is a friend you share reading taste with. I can't count how many books I borrowed, only to return unread. Better than buying a book you don't like. Another thing, return the books when your done. I loved my Lord of The Rings set before I had a chance to read them and the friend never returned them! I never loaned a book again.

3. Free Kindle Books
There aren't that many of them, but there is a fair selection of free books on the Kindle. Nook has them too if that is your ereader. Just type in "free [type of book you want to read]." 

4. Kindle Unlimited 
So, technically it's not free, it's  $10.00 a month. But, with so many books to choose from after paying the subscription, it's almost free. We'll worth the small amount of money to pay. After paying for Kindle Unlimited I have had so many more books available. 

What is your favorite way to read for free?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...