Thursday, March 3, 2022

Popular Books I Didn't Get Into

As much as I love to read, not all books catch my eye. Even the popular books don't always keep my attention. 

Harry Potter 
Oh, I really wanted to like Harry Potter! I was 17 when my Aunt placed Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets in my hands. I grew up very conservatively and anything with wizards and witches wasn't allowed. I was just throwing off that lifestyle and really wanted to like Harry Potter. But, I couldn't read it. The writing is meant for a much younger audience and I just couldn't get into it. I have since watched and enjoyed all of the movies and I consider myself a bit of a Potterhead from that, but I won't be reading the books.

Twilight
I had wanted to write a vampire story and my friend insisted on some research and loaned me Twilight I wish I could say that I read it. I could not get into it. There is no specific reason to it. I don't feel too bad about it, though. She couldn't get into it either. Again, saw the movies and loved them, the books not so much.

Hunger Games 
My daughter was obsessed with the books and I wished I could get into them to be closer to her. I just couldn't. At first it was having access to the books. I didn't have much money to spend on books. But, then I found it at Goodwill and picked it up. Not impressed. I liked the movies too! I just couldn't get into the books.

What popular Books could you just not get into?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...