Wednesday, March 2, 2022

20 Bookish Questions Tag

My first book tag, I'm so excited! Let's dig in.

1. How many books is too many for a series?
It depends on the series. When I was a kid I read the Elsie Dinsmore series and there are about 18 or 20 books in the series and I couldn't get enough! Other times I've hardly been able to get through five books.

2. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
I hate cliffhangers. If a book says that it's continued in book two in it's description, I won't read it. If I read a book and accidentally stumble on a cliffhanger I might go on to book two if it's good enough, but if I can get away with it I won't read it.

3. Hardback or paperback?
Unpopular opinion here, I prefer paperback. I love the look of hardback on the shelves, but when it comes to reading, I prefer paperback. I like the ease and accessibility of just plopping down with a good book and sitting in crazy positions that paperback allows.

4. Favorite book?
Without a doubt Pride and Prejudice. I actually want to read it again, then I want to watch the 2005 movie.

5. Least favorite book?
Probably Stepbrother Sugar Daddy. There is a scene in the book where he spits in her mouth and I'm just... no. That's a hard "NO" for me.

6. Love triangle,  yes or no?
I'm not a fan of love triangles. I don't like anything getting in the way of a couple's love besides the normal hangup between couple's.

7. The most recent book you couldn't finish?
 Stepbrother Sugar Daddy again, that was a rough book. I liked it till that scene.

8. A book you're currently reading?
 This Baby Daddy it's a collection of stories, which is something I don't normally read. But, I liked the subject of this collection.

9. Last book you recommended to someone?
Besides reviewing on my blog, and posting to social media, I don't recommend books because I know a lot of people don't like the kinds of books I like. Let's just say I don't recommend books in person. 

10. Oldest book you read?
The Bobbsy Twins. It's been a long time since I read them, but a series of crime fighting twins before Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys. Two series I was not allowed to read, growing up.

11. Newest book you've read?
The Vegas Accident. It came out on February 6th. I waited on pins and needles for it to be released.

12. Favorite author?
Probably either Sofia T. Summers or Lisa Suzanne. 

13. Buying books or borrowing books?
Since I read mostly Kindle Unlimited I'd say borrowing books. I like to own books, but I don't have room for them right now. I have a bunch of books in boxes right now waiting for when I can get shelves.

14. A book you dislike but everyone seems to love?
Don't kill me, Harry Potter. I was 17 when I sat down with the first one, and it felt like it was written for a much younger audience.  Loved the movies, though.

15. Bookmark or dogears?
Are you a monster?!?! Bookmarks! Doesn't have to be a traditional bookmark, but never dog-eared the pages.

16. A book you can always reread?
I have reread Vegas Aces Home Game - End Game six times. 

17. Can you read while listening to music?
I kind of have to. My husband is obsessed with music. While we don't have the same tastes, I do read while he jams.

18. One POV or multiple POV?
I like a few one POV but I like two POV better, more than that is too much to keep up with.

19. Do you read a book in one sitting or multiple days?
 I read a book or two a day, but I don't read all in one sitting. 

20. Who do you tag?
Anyone who wants to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...