Monday, March 14, 2022

Kept by the Beast by Hallie Bennett

I decided I needed more lumberjack in my life and went for this short novella. A beautiful retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

Poppy gets stuck on the side of the road and Asa is the one to stop and help her. It's an insta-love story. He takes her to town and helps her get her car looked at. As they have time to wait they end up acting on the spark between them. 

I liked how Asa calls Poppy his little flower.  The instant connection between the two is beautiful and steamy.

I'm not sure how I feel about the "mate" talk when it's not a shifter romance. But, it wasn't too big a deal to me.

I rate this ❤❤❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...