Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Favorite Classic Authors

I know, I know, I review contemporary romance books. What am I doing, writing a post about favorite classic authors. I'm not entirely sure myself. I started out reading classics, and it's important to see where we came from. Maybe you will find some classics to love too. 

C.S. Lewis 
As much as I hate Christian literature,  The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe does not feel like Christian literature to me. Now, I wouldn't read his other works, but The Chronicles of Narnia are some of my favorite books.

Jane Austen 
I have read a few of her books, and watched countless film adaptations, but Pride and Prejudice is my favorite. I have read it a few times and have been thinking of buying it on my Kindle. 

Emily Bronte 
I read, and enjoyed Wuthering Heights as a teen, but I don't think I really got it until I watched the movie as an adult. I don't know if it was adulthood that helped me understand it better or seeing it though someone else's eyes. 

Charlotte Bronte 
I adore Jane Eyre, and for years I considered that to be my favorite book. I don't feel like any of the film adaptations have done it justice, though.

L.M. Montgomery 
This was another favorite when I was younger. I think I've read every single one of her books. I used to always be at the library looking up more for interlibrary loans after I read through all the ones our local branch had. I enjoyed both the movie adaptation and the Netflix show Anne With An "E" although Netflix used a lot of artistic expression. 

William Shakespeare 
Full disclosure, I was never able to get through reading his screenplays. But, I've read a lot of adapted editions, and enjoyed them. The movies are good, so are the modern adaptations. But, the stories? Those are gold.

Louisa May Alcott 
I didn't just read Little Women, I think I've read all her books. There may be a few I didn't get ahold of, only a few, and they would be obscure titles. I loved the movies too, I wish someone would make a Little Men movie or The Four Cousins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...