Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Ereader Vs. Paper Book Debate

Which is better the ereader or a paper book? Personally I use an reader, but I have paper books as well. However,  I wanted to look at the arguments For both of them and show how they stack up.

Paper Books
1. They smell good. Any reader worth their salt loves the smell of a book, old books even better. Heck, they even make candles that smell like books. Yummy.

2. They bend. Well book lover fall into two categories: those that bend their books ever which way while they settle into new reading position. And, those that would never actually *gasp* hurt a book.

3. They look pretty on the shelf. I have seen some beautiful rainbow displays of books on shelves. Personally I arrange by size, and I think that is just as beautiful too. My mom collected old books to use as home decor even. Of course, I've read them all.

Ereaders
1. They store lots of books. Probably the biggest argument in favor of ereaders, and my personal favorite. I don't have room for bookshelves in my house at the moment. I know it sacrilege to a book lover like me, but it's the sad fact of life right now. With An ereader I have thousands of books on my nightstand.

2. You can read at night. This is a mute point for Paperwhite ereaders which are better in direct sunlight light books. Ope another point for paper books too. But, as for my Kindle Fire HD 10 and other backlight ereaders, you can actually read at night without a light.

3. Easier to take on the go. Books have bulk to them. You can take a smaller bag depending on the size of your ereader. Or keep a reading app on your phone and carry an even smaller bag. I have a beautiful cover on my Kindle and carry it as is to go.

Do you prefer paper books or an ereader?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...