Monday, March 21, 2022

Best Book To Movie Adaptations

Most of the time the book is better than the movie. Sometimes, though, the movie is just as good if not better. Here are some of my favorites. 

Beauty and the Beast 
First it was a book, then it was a Disney animated film, and finally we have the Disney live action film. It is, by far, my favorite of the three as some of the book retellings are creepy. 

Clueless
I haven't seen all the Emma movies, there is a new one I want to see. However, so far my favorite retelling of the story is Clueless.

Harry Potter
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I did not like the Harry Potter books, the grade level was too young for me. The movies, though, turned me into a potterhead. And, I don't care what you say, I can be a potterhead without having read the books.

Pride and Prejudice 
I bet you thought I'd say The Diary of Bridget Jones, but no, it's the Kiara Knightley version for me. This version made me feel Lizzie Bennet, who is my favorite sister, by the way. Who wouldn't love a bookish character. 

The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings
I have, admittedly, never read the books. I used to own them, but before I had a chance to read them, a friend asked to borrow them and never returned them. Needless to say she is not my friend anymore. Then I borrowed The Hobbit from the library and started to read it. I enjoyed what I read, but I had to return it to the library. Now they are on Kindle Unlimited. Maybe I'll review them on my blog? Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the movies and sometimes I just binge watch them.

What are your favorite book to movie adaptations?


No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...