Thursday, February 24, 2022

Slip Shot by Pippa Green

I really commiserated with Chloe because she came from a conservative background. I do too. However my parents came around to sanity. I also turned to earth based religion as Chloe did. So, this book was cool with me. Didn't hurt that it was a brother's best friend novel, my favorite. 

After a night after her brother's wedding, Chloe is pregnant with Wayne's baby. Eager to be there for his kid, and to appease Chloe's family, he moves her in and gets fake engaged to her. But, over time,  he realizes he wants the real thing. Now he just has to fight to keep it.

I can't believe how good this novel was! My favorite was how Wayne was always there for Chloe. Even when he didn't realize he loved her yet.

I didn't like how they never told each other they loved each other. They both realized it on their own, but it was never said to each other. 

I still give it ❤❤❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...