Monday, February 28, 2022

How To Find More Time To Read

I know this is not really something that I struggled with. But, I've heard a lot of people lament that they don't have time to read, and it's really so easy to fit in some time to read.

1. Before Bed
Before bed is an ideal time to read. Experts even suggest reading over screen time. Of course, if you have an ereader, reading is screen time. Also I have "one more chapter" problems. But, before bed is an excellent time to read.

2. At The Doctor
Obviously not during the appointment. However, during the waiting period before hand you can have a book ready. My husband used to take his Uncle to the doctor all the time and it left us in the waiting room a lot. I always had a book ready for me. 

3. Audio Books
When you can't pick up a book, try an Audio book. I'll write a whole post about Audio books at another time. Are you doing chores around the house? Are you driving in your car? Both are excellent times to turn to Audio books.

4. Less TV Time
For me it's an easy choice when it comes to TV or books. For me reading is an imagination journey and it plays out in my head better than any movie could possibly measure up to. So, why spend hours watching someone else's idea of what happened on a story you don't really care about?

5. On The Bus
Public transportation is an excellent time to sneak in a little extra reading. It takes a long time between stops. Just still be aware of your surroundings if you do. Cross country bases are another good place to read.

What are your favorite times to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...