Saturday, April 1, 2023

Reading Habits Book Tag

I'm bored, let's do a book tag. Today I'm going to chat about reading habits, although I'm pretty sure some of the discussions have already been brought up in other book tags. As always. I found this book tag on Pinterest. I don't know who the original poster was. If it was you please let me know so I can link you.

Bookmarks or random piece of paper?
Okay, I'm guilty of using random pieces of paper, but I absolutely love beautiful bookmarks. When I took up knitting again I started knitting up some bookmarks to use. I also plan on printing some "color your own" bookmarks too. Mostly I read on my Kindle, though.

Stop reading randomly or stop after reading chapter/certain number of pages
It depends. I at least wait until the paragraph is over if I'm stopping on my own. If someone (ahem, Hubby) interrupts me, I ask if I cam wait until the end of the chapter. I don't really measure out pages because I'm on the Kindle.

Certain place at home for reading?
Honestly? I read in bed. When we remodel the living room I will be spending more time reading in there. I have long hair and it gets tangled up when I read in bed. I don't know about you, but my scalp is tender!

Eat or drink while reading?
I'll drink while reading, but eating is too distracting. What do I drink while reading? Coffee, herbal tea, water, mimosas (better than wine, really), or a diet mountain dew.

Music or TV while reading?
What kind of question is this? Who on earth can pay attention to the TV while reading? I do sometimes put on music to drowned out my gaming stepson, from the other room. It's a bit distracting to be in the middle of a spicy scene and then hear "you @$$%^^^&$#&&!" Noted: as much as I don't mind cussing on my blog, there are some things I won't say. Also noted: this is temporary, he broke his leg and will soon be back to work and I can read in silence. 

One book at a time or several?
I used to say one book at a time. Or if I read two it was one fiction and one non-fiction. Now, I will sometimes have two fiction going at once. Right now I have my regular book, the book I'm reading to Hubby, and an audiobook all going at once. I haven't even picked out my non-fiction book yet.

Reading at home or everywhere?
I used to take my ereader with me everywhere. Then, again, I had a messenger bag as a purse that could fit my Kindle in it. I don't have such a bag now, though. I've been searching rummage sales, Thrift stores, and Facebook marketplace for the perfect such bag for me. I really don't want to spend $40.00 for the one on Amazon (as much as I love it).

Reading out loud or silently?
Definitely silently. I'm reading a book aloud to Hubby and it's going so slowly! Partly because he is slightly horrified at the type of books I read, but mostly because you read slower aloud than in your head.

Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
No. Okay, I used to, but that's kind of hard to do with an ereader! I've tried the bookmark feature, and it doesn't seem to do much of anything that I can tell. Someone tell me if you know, please.

Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Oh for the love of Thor! Do not crack the spine of your books! At least not the hard covers. I don't really care about paperbacks because they are meant to withstand a bit of abuse, but hard covers are works of art! If there is one good bookish habit my Dad instilled in me, it was to never crack the spine of a book.

Do you write in your books?
Not if it's not a textbook. I'm pretty sure I'm done with college, so, no.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...