Thursday, April 6, 2023

April 2023 TBR List

I have been on a dark and twisted romance kick. My TBR list reflects that as well. I think. In other bookish news: I deleted my Goodreads account and made a new one. The books in my old TBR list were laughable and way too many to just delete them all. So I made a new account. Lost all my books read, but it's more important about the bookish connections I make on thereanyway. I have been really organizing my books on there, so go check it out if you are interested in some books. I also started a Booktok, I'm new. I have one follower. And my final bit of bookish news is that I'm going to read other stuff along with smut for awhile because I'm going to be reading through the Rory Gilmore Book Challenge List. You can find it on Pinterest and print it out for free, or you can head to Etsy and look up a "pretty" one, or you can go to Amazon and buy a booklet with the list printed out. Being ever frugal, I chose to print it out for free on Pinterest. 

Hooked by Emily McIntire 
So, the synopsis makes it sound like it's a story where Captain Hook gets the girl. After all, the character's names are James and Wendy. However, I have it on good authority that it isn't exactly that. The person did not give anymore information for fear of spoilers, and it wasn't enough to detour me. I want to know for myself!

Tempt by Melanie Harlow 
At the time that I got this book, the author was giving it away free for a limited time. I snatched it up because it's an ex's dad kind of romance, which I really like, and find kind of funny as well. I hope I get to reading this one soon.

The Fireman And His Nanny by Roya Kingsley
This book is not on Kindle at all. I got it through Book Funnel for free from the author for signing up for their newsletter. I'll do it for a freebie. I keep Unroll on my phone in case the subscriptions get overwhelming. 

Money Making Mom by Crystal Paine
I have have this book on my Kindle for years. I read their book Money Saving Mom, which has some delightful insights on saving money. This book is all about making extra money from home. That is what I need to learn. Just a little bit. Enough to help out.

How To Learn A Language In 90 Days by Adam Muller
Another book I've had on my Kindle for awhile. I'm currently trying to learn Irish Gaelic. I'm using Duolingo, Mango Languages, and YouTube. I'm also listening to Gaelic songs and reading books with Gaelic snippets in them. Hopefully this book will push me closer to my goals.

The Castle by Sky Warren 
I had thought I read this book, till I hit download to check the back of the book for follow information.  That's when I realized I had read the first two, but not this one. Then I realized there are more! I have some catching up to do!

Dandelion Jane by A.R. Stanley 
I am a terrible friend. I bought this book because my friend wrote it. We spent hours together while she wrote it. (I worked on a project that got copied over by a third party) I have read snippets of the book and they are good. But, she told me it's not a HEA book and I just never read it. I was telling my Mom about it the other day and she was excited "Oh you have to read it!" She exclaimed. I guess that settles that. I'll be reading the book soon, then.

Highest Bidder by Sara Cate 
I have read all of The Salacious Players Club except Mercy, and that's because I'm neither a Beau fan, nor a Domme fan really. So, I left that one alone. But, I'm excited to read this one, I've heard good things.

Beautiful Carnage by Heather Ashley 
Oh the struggles of getting through this book! This is the book my husband chose for me to read to him. But, he is a little freaked out by the story line. I think. He says it's too hot to handle. Is that code? In the meantime, he doesn't want me to go ahead and finish it without him, because he is interested, he just needs to be ready.

These Sinful Delights by Elizabeth Bardot
Supposedly there is an Irish character in this book that uses Irish words and phrases. I learned on YouTube that the military language training program requires trainees to listen to music in the language they are learning, watch movies, and read books. I'm not ready for a whole book, this is what I'm ready for.

Priest by Sierra Simone
I've heard so many good things about this book that I just had to buy it. Warning, if you are religious, I'm pretty sure this book isn't for you. This is Supposedly a book about a priest breaking his vows in all manner of smutty ways. If that offends you. Find something else. Anything else.

Grumpy Billionaire Boss Daddy by Blakely Rose
This is another Free Book Funnel book for subscribing to their newsletter. Just don't do what I did and accidentally download it three times. I haven't found a way to delete extras.

Highland Fling by Meghan Quinn 
After getting a wee bit obsessed with Outlander, I decided to put my own spin on falling down the rabbit hole. I'm learning Irish Gaelic because I'm Irish (by blood, not by birth), I'm knitting again, and I'm reading books with modern Scottish and Irish MMC's in them. 

Den Of Vipers by K.A. Knight
Normally I'm not a huge fan of RH romance, I don't have a problem with the why choose concept... it's hard for me to keep up with positions or to picture them. However, the people in one of my Facebook book groups highly recommend this book to me, so I added it to my TBR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...