Thursday, March 17, 2022

5 Best Bookish Quotes

I love trolling Pinterest for my favorite bookish quotes. It's  a lot of fun and gives me chills when I find a good one. I have decided to go head and post my most favorite quotes here.

"I am simply a 'book drunkard' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them."
-L.M. Montgomery 
This has to be my most favorite quote of all time! And, it describes me perfectly.  Sometimes I think I need therapy to stop reading so much. In fact I started this blog so I would have something else to do besides read.

"We read to know we are not alone."
-C.S. Lewis 
Truer words have not been spoken. I think reading is like a religious experience. We both find fortitude in the fact that our favorite author is like a friend to us. And find comfort in the characters and world of each book we read.

"...I do so hate finishing books. I would go on with them for years..."
-Beatrix Potter
I absolutely hate when a good book ends. I know a lot of authors offer a bonus chapter if you sign up for their mailing lists, but even that bonus chapter is not the same. And, I hate being badgered into lists.

"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not the pleasure in a novel, must be entirely stupid. "
-Jane Austen, Northinger Abbey 
I can't totally agree with this one as my husband does not read novels and he is definitely not stupid. But, isn't life without a novel boring? 

"'Our library isn't extensive,' said Anne, 'but every book in it is a friend.'"
L.M. Montgomery, Anne's House of Dreams
Another L.M. Montgomery quote, and shouldn't it be true. We'll, with the exception of the TBR pile those are friends in waiting. 

What are your favorite bookish quotes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happened When I Started Reading To My Husband

When I was a teenager I read Hank The Cowdog and Captain Underpants to my younger siblings. Reading aloud was so simple then. My...